Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Natural Oven Cleaning Recipe with White Vinegar

I hate washing, wiping, scrubbing...cleaning! It takes hours even days to make your kitchen and bathroom shine and once you've turned around and dust and grime have already accumulated behind your beck.

I love cooking and this is one of my biggest problems, because cooking requires many dished to be used, and of course, to be washed after that. In addition, often meals spill on the bottom of the oven. Unfortunately, I can't afford hiring professional oven cleaning London company to clean the baked-on food from my oven. That's why, it takes me months to gather enough courage to take an oven cleaner and a scrubber and give in cleaning the mess inside the oven.

My skin is very sensitive, so I had no choice but look for natural substitutes to the harsh commercial cleaners. I found a number of great eco-friendly and harmless cleaning recipes. This is the one I tried out a few years ago and I was surprised by the power of white vinegar.

Recipe:
  • 4 tbsp of white vinegar
  • 5 tbsp of baking soda
  • 2-3 drops of dish soap
Step 1: Mix the ingredients above till they form a thick paste.

Step 2: Turn on your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and leave it to heat for 5 minutes.

Step 3: Turn off the oven and spread the paste over the interior of the oven. Be very careful when applying the paste. Allow to sit for up to an hour.

Step 4: Use a sponge to scrub the paste and baked-on food. Wipe and rinse thoroughly.

Step 5: Dip the sponge in full-strength white vinegar and wipe the interior of the oven. Vinegar will prevent grease and grime build-up in future.

This is a great cleaning recipe, but if you aren't on a tight budget, hire an oven cleaning London company to take care of your oven. I did research and found that cleaning services aren't as expensive as I though they are. I hope that the next time, vinegar will be used only for salads.

Wish you luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment