Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Another Set Of Cleaning Tips


I'm supposed to tell you about carpets, how to clean and maintain them, which are easy to clean, how to remove tough stains. How to choose the best or your home to match the decor and other stuff I know about but I really don't want to. I prefer to tell you about nature, hiking, motorbikes and other interesting activities. I want to tell you about all the wonderful places I have been and those I want to visit. It can be so easy if you just hire a cleaning company and have the free time to read such stuff.


But unfortunately you won't, so I have to talk about cleaning. I assume this is not the first post you're reading in order to find the perfect cleaning solution for your carpet or rug. If it is possible you want a time-saving method which is environmental friendly and costs nothing. Unfortunately there isn't such and if anyone is trying to tell you the opposite they're lying. Now I'll brake another illusion there isn't a hundred percent green detergent.

A Few Words About Green Cleaners


If you want the cleaner to be toxic free you have to make your own. And there aren't like a million different recipes there are four five using the same ingredients in different proportion. You have probably know what they are but nevertheless I'll list them:
  • White vinegar
  • Lemon juice
  • Baking/washing soda
  • Club soda
  • Hydrogen peroxide
  • Mild liquid soap
Another illusion you might have and I feel obligated to shatter into pieces, vinegar won't leave any unpleasant smell on your carpet, once it dries the odour will disappear. Keep in mind that lemon juice works the same way, since they're both acids, just remember to remove the pulpy particles. It is true what they say about baking soda it absorbs oil and can remove fresh wine stains, so use it. Yes club soda removes red wine stains, but don't pour it or you'll damage the carpet.

Get a clean white cloth and pour the soda on it, then gently blot the area, and please don't rub or scrub. Forget about bleach it is dangerous, weakening the fibers of any material, moreover it is toxic and can react with the protective coating on your carpet. Instead you can use hydrogen peroxide, it has some bleaching effects but isn't harmful. In fact it turns into water after a few minutes. If you ask me forget about DIY and get in touch with one of the best carpet cleaning company that way you'll save time and money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment